Sights to See in our Region
There’s plenty to discover all around Meran in South Tyrol - not just for nature lovers, but also for culture vultures.
The area around Völlan is rich with attractions: museums, castles and gardens make each and every day of your holiday one to remember. Your only problem will be to decide which ones to see during your holiday - this decision won’t be easy!
- Evelyn Ortner Women’s Museum, Meran
- Touriseum Museum at the Schloss Trauttmansdorff Castle, Meran
- Peter Mitterhofer Typewriter Museum, Partschins
- Andreas Hofer Museum, St. Leonhard in Passeier
- Schloss Schenna Castle near Meran
The gardens of Schloss Trauttmansdorff Castle
On the sunny slope just outside Meran, the vivid gardens of Schloss Trauttmansdorff Castle are thriving.
A botanical garden that’s sure to impress!
Plants from all around the world are gathered here, alongside typical South Tyrollean landscapes. Paths wind upwards among water features and terrace gardens towards the sensory garden or the Japanese garden, and along to the cacti and succulent hill amidst southern plants such as grapevines and olive trees.
The glacier mummy is housed in the Bolzano Museum of Archaeology and has brought countless visitors to the city. Tourists from all over the world flock to this museum - and it’s definitely worth a visit.
The mummy may be the highlight, but all the background information is also highly interesting. Visitors can look forward to tools, clothing and accompanying finds, as well as archaeological exhibitions.
Photo Archive of the South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology – www.iceman.it
Cultural attractions in the area, all reachable in under an hour:
- Niederlana parish church with its famous Schnatterpeck alter
- Schloss Tirol Castle and Museum
- Schloss Runkelstein Castle near Bolzano and Museum
- Reinhold Messner’s Schloss Juval Castle near Naturns
- Schloss Lebenberg Castle in Tscherms
- Farming Museum in Völlan
- Fruit Farming Museum in Lana
- Schloss Churburg Castle in Schluderns with a great collection of coats of armour
- Kloster Neustift Monastery near Brixen
- Archeo Park in Schnals
- Messner Mountain Museum – Schloss Sigrmundskron Castle
We are happy to provide you with tips and information about opening times, alternatives and other exciting trips during your stay.